Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

6 June 2013

Hywela Lyn's 'Thursday's Bits and Pieces'


Sorry I've been a bit remiss with my ' Thursday Bits'. Between visits from the farrier, necessary shopping trips, gardening to take advantage of the fact that spring really seems to have arrived in the UK at last, oh - er- and yes, trying to work on my WIP as well as a short story for an anthology our local writers' group is putting out, I haven't had much time to concentrate on my blog apart from highlighting my lovely guest authors.

Anyway, the other day hubby, Bouncer-Dog  and I visited the nearby woods to see this  year's crop of bluebells and as a tribute to spring, I thought I'd share some pictures with you.

Bluebells nestling among the nettles


Can you see to the right of the picture, rare 'white bluebells'!

Some of the trees are very old, and form strange, twisted patterns, twining round themselves.



The woods are carpeted with last year's fallen leaves, and in  between the trees,
grass, ferns and other vegetation grow, pushing their way through the leaves






The bluebells grow in drifts, looking almost like pools of bright blue water in the distance













At the edge of the woods, we could see in the distance the Bridgewater Monument, erected in 1832 to the Duke of Bridgewater, in recognition of his pioneering canal development.

And this is the monument itself, with people walking and picnicking under the trees. 
Men were hard at work in one corner, carving out what will be a natural childrens' play area


I hope you've enjoyed your walk around the bluebell woods with me.  Next week I'll be rambling along one of the reservoir walks in the area.






'STARQUEST'
    'CHILDREN OF THE MIST'  (The sequel to Starquest)  Dancing With Fate      'Freeread':'A BARGAIN WITH DEATH

                  Also available on Kindle