Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

25 April 2013

Hywela Lyn's 'Thursday Bits and Pieces'

Thursday again, don't they come around quickly.  Time flies, we're over a quarter of the way through the year already!

It's been a long winter in the UK. The weather hasn't been too extreme in the area where I live, but it's been chilly and more like February than April - until last week when spring suddenly arrived.  


The sun came out and it was really pleasant outdoors.(The first two pictures are of the track down to the bridleway, one taken in December and the other last weekend - quite a contrast!)


The daffodils and crocuses decided it was safe to show their flowery faces without being soaked with rain or blown to pieces, the birds are building their nests and soon it will be warm enough to take the horses' rugs off. 

 I love this time of year, the spring flowers are so fresh and colourful and the hedgerows are beginning to turn green  again and nature is bursting with  new life.



It's quite hard to stay indoors when it's so nice outside, soon it will be warm enough for me to take my laptop into the garden so then I'll have no excuse for not working on the third book in the Starquest series which I seem to have been mulling over for ever.  A little more about that next time.

I'll leave you with a question.  What is your favourite season?  Do you like the cold beauty of a snowy winter, the gold and red of autumn glory, the richness and warmth of summer, or like me the freshness and newness of spring?

PS Don't forget to join me and the other hostesses with our special guest, who just happens to be our sister hostess, P L Parker,  tomorrow on the Author Roast and Toast.






'STARQUEST'    'CHILDREN OF THE MIST'  (The sequel to Starquest)  Dancing With Fate      'Freeread':'A BARGAIN WITH DEATH

                  Also available on Kindle