Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

5 November 2012

Amazing Love - an interview with K Dawn Byrd

I'm thrilled to welcome multi published writer K Dawn Byrd to my blog today.


K Dawn Byrd is an author of inspirational novels in several genres, including, historical, suspense, romance, and young adult. Some of her favorite things are chocolate, cars, and her pets. Her hobbies include reading, writing, and riding down country roads in the passenger seat of her husband's Corvette Stingray. When asked why she writes, her response is, "For the simple joy of placing words on the page!"

HL  Great to have you here.  Put your feet up and get your favourite drink from the replicator. Tell us a little more about yourself, with three things not many people know about you.

a)      I have a masters degree in professional counseling from Liberty University.


     b) I'm an animal lover. I own two hairless Chinese Crested dogs, an African Gray parrot, three ferrets, and several aquariums in my home. 

     c)      I love sour foods. I'd rather have olives, pickles, or dilly beans than something sweet sometimes. 

HL   Oh, another animal lover!  We love animals here. So what do you do for fun when not writing? 

K When not writing, I love to read. Romantic suspense or young adult novels are favorites.  

HL Tell us about your latest release and what you think readers will enjoy about it.

My latest release, Amazing Love, is the modern story of Hosea and Gomer. It was a tough story to write because my heroine suffers severe consequences for her sins, but it was necessary to portray how low we can go and how much God still loves us through it all. I hope readers will take away the fact that no matter what we do, God loves us with an unconditional love and is ready to accept us back into His loving arms. 

 HL   That sounds like a wonderful read, with a gret message. What’s you’re writing process? Has it changed since writing your first boo

 K My writing process is frantic. I write all my books in 30 day marathons. In order to do this, I must start with a strong plot. Upon completion, I put the book away for a few weeks and then edit

 HL: Gosh. I've only ever written a novel in thirty days for NaNo!  Do you listen to music when you write and if so, what kind of music – or do you find it  distracts you?

 K   I must have total peace and quiet when I write. I hate it because it keeps me from writing sometimes when I'd like to. 

HL:  What is your personal definition of success? 

K  My personal definition of success has nothing to do with money. To me, a successful person is one who is happy and enjoys life. 

HL  Great answer. Money doesn't always equal happiness does it! OK, next question. If you were an animal, which one do you think you would be, and why? 

K  I'm not sure which animal I would be, but my step-daughter was recently joking and said that if she believed in reincarnation,  she'd want to come back as one of my ferrets because I take such good care of them. That was the ultimate compliment! 

HL: I've never kept a ferret.  A friend where I keep my horses has a couple though, they're rescues and I'd never realised what fun creatures ferrets can be.  Well, sadly it seems that our time allocation is nearly over.  Before we have to say goodbye, where can readers connect with you?
 
Twitter: kdawnbyrd
Pinterist: kdawnbyrd

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog, it’s been a thrill having you here and learning about you and your writing. I wish you much success now and in the future. Finally,  let's find out more about your latest release.

PURCHASE AT AMAZON
Excerpt from my prologue:

Dee signed the letter with a flourish and then read it aloud.

Maggie:

For the longest time, I blamed myself. There must be something terribly wrong with me, something so bad that even a mother couldn't love me. After years of therapy, I've learned that it's not me, it's you, Maggie. You're not capable of loving anyone. That's a terrible thing to say about a mother, but it's true.

Even here at Carpe Diem, I've continued therapy via technology. Today was a hard day because it's my birthday. As was expected, I never heard from you. Like my therapist said, it's not my fault you didn't call. It's a choice you made, Maggie, like so many other bad choices.

I used to dwell often on the things you allowed to happen to me. You had to have known that John was visiting my room almost nightly. You chose to ignore it even though he was your husband. And then, he sold me to his wealthy friends and you stood back and allowed it to happen. Whoever had the most money. That wasn't the life I would have chosen if given a choice. Even now, I long for a life of normalcy. A husband, a couple of children, and a picket fence is just a dream.

There are times I hate you, but I realize you have demons of your own. Something has happened to you to cause you to be so selfish and full of anger. That's why I try to overlook your hostility and lack of love toward me. You need a good therapist.

My therapist recommends that I write letters to you when I'm angry. It helps. This is letter 642. I've kept them all. You'll probably never read them, but they're not really for you. They're for me.

Your daughter, Dee














  'STARQUEST'    'CHILDREN OF THE MIST'  (The sequel to Starquest)  Dancing With Fate

'Freeread':'A BARGAIN WITH DEATH   Also available on Kindle