Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

17 October 2012

You Know You're a Survivor if...


I'm so happy and honoured to have  a very courageous and talented writer on my blog today - who also just happens to be a friend and sister hostess of The Author Roast and Toast as well. It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Mac is going to talk about her own experienceOkay, Mac, over to you!
******
Breast cancer is an experience I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, so if you or your loved ones have escaped this horrendous disease, all I can say is YEAH! But if you are a woman or know any women, chances are your lives will be touched by BC in the future and early detection makes all the difference in the scope of the battle.

So do yourself a favor, check those Ta-Tas every month. Avoid having to say, I know I’m a breast cancer survivor because I… 

no longer consider my breasts as boobs, but more like Tupperware bowls.
have driven across town with my new “boobs” in the passenger seat.
pink ribbons make me a little nauseous, even as I applaud the cause.
have six different breast cancer charm bracelets.
have a wig in my closet, I never want to see again.
no longer wear a bra. It’s not necessary, which is a good thing, since I can’t find one to fit anyway.
have had more than one person rub at the peach fuzz on my head.
notice women in scarves and the memories come flooding  back as I stop to wish them well.
contemplated tattooing areolas on my new nipples.
studied my bald head in a mirror while singing, “Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me.”
can’t drink anything red because it reminds me of the chemo concoction.
am one of those wearing a pink shirt at the breast cancer walk.
am too fatigued to finish the breast cancer walk.
have compared scars and reconstruction with other survivors.
have been asked the question “Where would you like your nipple?
have released a guide to navigating the breast cancer abyss titled *Where Would You Like Your Nipple?
blog to remind others that EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES!



 WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR NIPPLE? ~ 9/2012
*Buy links: digital and print

 Mackenzie Crowne ~ Romance is a life long affair...
GIFT OF THE REALM ~ 4/2012
THAT DATING THING ~ 6/2012

Website http://mackenziecrowne.com
Amazon http://tinyurl.com/84mxmrj
Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/MacCrowne
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MackenzieCrowne






'STARQUEST'    'CHILDREN OF THE MIST'  (The sequel to Starquest)  Dancing With Fate      'Freeread':'A BARGAIN WITH DEATH
                  Also available on Kindle