Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

6 February 2012

I'M HEARING VOICES BLOGFEST - February 6th - Characters on the couch




I’m Hearing Voices
 

Cover Art by Miss Mae











February 6th - MondayCharacters on the couch

THE CHARACTER WHO VOLUNTEERED FOR THIS SPOT IS TERPSICHORE, MUSE OF DANCE, FROM 'DANCING WITH FATE' AVAILABLE AT THE SPECIAL PRICE OF 99C for a limited time HERE 
(Paperback version HERE)

Terpsichore seats herself on the low couch, arranging her chiton  so that it falls in graceful folds around her,  her long, silky hair, the colour of burnished chestnuts, reaching to its hem.

(*whisper* between you and me, she was not the easiest person in the universe to write about being rather complex and a Greek Goddess!  She's rather strong willed but fun as well as being a bit of a challenge!)

Q: Good morning Terpisichore.  Thank you for agreeing to answer these questions.  I hope the ambrosia is to your liking.  Without further ado, lets start with the first question.
What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?

T: Well of course, being a Muse, I don’t have many vulnerabilities at all. However, when Apollo and Zeus sent me to Wales in the 5th Century, I wasn’t allowed to use any of my powers which was rather disconcerting to say the least.  Also, like all the muses, if I give anemos too often it could be fatal – yes even Greek goddesses can lose their immortality. Of course all the gods are aware of this so it’s no secret to them – but the first one, being deprived of my powers,  was something only Apollo and Zeus were aware of.  No-one on Earth had any inkling that I’d ever possessed any magical gifts.

Q: What do people believe about you that is false?

T: That's easy (Terpsichore frowns a little in annoyance.)  It's the idea that all I can do is inspire people to dance.  There’s a lot more to it than that and I have many other talents.

Q: What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why? 

T: My best friend is also my soulmate – Myrddin! He would say I’m too impetious.  Of course I disagree! 

Q:What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why? 


T: Only one? Well, I imagine he’d say it’s my unswerving loyalty – and of course my undying love for him!

Q:  What do you want most? What will you do to get it?  

T: Now,  I want for nothing.  My immortal life is truly complete.  However in the story I dictated to my author, I thought my beloved was in grave danger – that he might even die, so I would do anything, including giving up my immortality, in order to save him. Thankfully it didn’t quite come to that or I wouldn’t be here now!

HL: And I wouldn't have been able to write your Happy Ever After.  Thank you so much, Terpsichore.

T:  It's been a pleasure, Now I must get back to Olympus, and my beloved. I see my golden horse, Sal, is waiting for me, and pawing the ground impatiently! Farewell, and remember, 'Dance As if no-one is watching!'

artwork by talented 'Sister Muse' Masha Holl, author of 'The Brightest Heaven'


Hywela Lyn first published 'Dancing With Fate in 2008 as part of The Song of the Muses Anthology. Find the list of authors original to this anthology at her website under 'Muse Anthology'.
Some of these authors have also republished, or are in the process of republishing their stories, among them Sky Purington, whose Story 'Highland Muse' can be found here: