Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

10 February 2012

HEARING VOICES BLOG FEST, Day Three

I’m Hearing Voices
You can find all the details, and a complete list of entrants and links to their blogs HERE
DAY THREE





It's the final day of the Festival today.  I've really enjoyed taking part and want to thank everyone who's taken the trouble to visit my blog , especially if you left a comment as well.  I've loved reading all the great posts of the other participants as well, this has been such a fun exercise.

Today we were supposed to write a 'flash' fiction piece representing 'emotion' .  This is my effort, from my current WIP, 'Beloved Enemy' which will be the third book in the futuristic romance series that started with Starquest and continued with 'Children Of The Mist.  I'd be interested to know if you think the emotion comes through, and what emotion I am actually trying to portray.  The male character is Kerry Marchant, and the female one is Katt O'Brian.  Because I love to illustrate my posts I've included the cover I designed to keep my motivation going for this story.


"That  cross and the locket are priceless—to me. Steal them and you would be very, very sorry.”

The pain she saw in his eyes told her it was dangerous to probe more deeply, but somehow she couldn’t help herself. “She was pretty. You must have loved her very much.”

"The woman in the locket was my mother. I never knew her. She died when I was a small child.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No need to be. It happened a long time ago, as I said, I was only a child.”

“The cross was hers too?”

He was silent for so long she wondered if he was ever going to answer her. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked. It’s none of my business.”

“No, it's not. But if it makes you happy, you might as well know. The cross didn’t belong to her. It belonged to …a woman I cared for—a great deal.” He stared at her with that blue gaze that seemed to look into her very soul, and yet somehow not see her at all. “Before you ask, she’s dead too. She died from a laser bolt intended for me. Satisfied?”

The anguish in his eyes, the pain in his voice, almost tore her in two. She wanted to reach out, to touch him, offer some words of comfort, but none came. This man who had such an effect on her was in love with a phantom from the past, and it was apparent that the wound ran deep and raw, far deeper than any physical hurt he sustained over the last couple of days.








'STARQUEST'    'CHILDREN OF THE MIST'  (The sequel to Starquest)  Dancing With Fate      'Freeread':'A BARGAIN WITH DEATH 'STARQUEST'    'CHILDREN OF THE MIST'  (The sequel to Starquest)  Dancing With Fate      'Freeread':'A BARGAIN WITH DEATH'

                  Also available on Kindle