Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

20 September 2011

Festival Of Romance - Sue Moorcroft

www.festivalofromance.co.uk


The Festival of Romance takes place Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd October 2011 at Hunton Park, near Watford, Herts, UK.
and I'm really looking forward to it.


As one of the Authors taking part in the Festival of Romance 'Author Blog Hop' It's my great pleasure to introduce multi published romance author SUE MOORCROFT





 For this tour we were asked to answer three questions. These were Sue's answers:


1. What are you looking forward to at the Festival of Romance? The chance to soak up the company of readers, writers and industry professionals who love romantic fiction as much as I do. I've always wanted an event like this in the UK, having read so much about America's equivalent, so signed up the moment I heard about the launch.

What will you be doing at the Festival of Romance?
On Friday I'm giving a workshop on writing romantic fiction - I've written a how-to book, Love Writing, on this subject, as I'm a creative writing tutor, too. On Saturday I'm part of a panel, From Hen Lit to Chick Lit, which I feel fits me well, having written for various markets. And I'll be talking to loads of interesting people, attending other workshops, drinking wine - all the usual fabulous conference buzz stuff.

3. Why should romance readers come to the Festival?
For the opportunity to meet and mix with writers, other readers and - particularly important if you want to write romantic fiction or otherwise get into the industry - editors and agents. There are one-to-one pitches, group opportunities ... and the chance of sitting beside someone fab at lunch or chatting with them in the queue for the loo. I'm impressed by the publishers we have on board (not just my own Choc Lit). In America, the events where readers get to chat to the writers are hugely popular, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works. And there's the ball on Saturday night - so many reasons, to be honest!


Sue Moorcroft writes romantic novels of dauntless heroines and irresistible heroes for Choc Lit. Combining that success with her experience as a creative writing tutor, she’s written a ‘how to’ book, Love Writing – How to Make Money From Writing Romantic and Erotic Fiction (Accent Press). Sue also writes short stories, serials, articles and courses and is the head judge for Writers’ Forum. She's a Katie Fforde Bursary Award winner.
Sue's website is www.suemoorcroft.com and you can visit her blog at http://suemoorcroft.wordpress.com/ for news and writing tips. You’re welcome to befriend Sue on Facebook or Follow Sue on Twitter.
All of Sue’s Choc Lit novels and Love Writing are available as paperbacks and ebooks. Her early stuff is available in ebook format.


Sue is featuring FENELLA MILLER at her own blog today, as part of the Tour HERE

Check out the answers I gave when I was featured on  Charlie Cochrane's blog as part of  the Festival of Romance tour: http://charliecochrane.livejournal.com/135374.html