Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

29 August 2011

Romancing Your Dark Side Virtual Blog Tour - Jamie Magee



It's my great pleasure to welcome Jamie Magee to my Blog today as part of the 'Dark Side' Virtual Blog Tour.
Hello Jamie, can't wait to hear more about your  fantastic 'Insight' series.


Jamie: I’m extremely excited to be here today on Hywela Lyn's blog as a part of the Romancing Your Dark Side Tour. I’ve had a blast on this tour sharing a part of myself and my novels with readers. Today, I wanted to share with you how I came up with the Zodiac thread that weaves the plot of my Insight series together.

I knew from the first flash of inspiration I had with Insight that this story would be a love story, one that reached over the span of time, one that enforced the theory of soul- mates, but I didn’t know what they would fight – why they were connected – how their love was weaved together, their beginning.

My first idea for a conflict was wrapped around the seven deadly sins, but that didn’t last very long. Very early on in my writing I had a warm conversation with a writer I managed to find by chance. I was asking him if first person was the best way for me to write in (I felt like I was saying ‘I’ way to much) he told me that if I wrote in first person I must understand, believe, or want to believe in my conflict. He proceeded to tell me that whatever conflict I chose needed to be something that I had a passion for – otherwise my readers would feel that absence. As I ended my phone call with him I glanced at an astrology book that was on my bookshelf then proceeded to delete the last 10,000 words I’d written. I wasn’t clear then on how I would make the Zodiac work with this story, but I knew that I was curious enough about this science that I would find a beginning or connection for my couple Willow, and Landen.

Willow was not a quiet character – she came to life quiet easily. I felt her passion for the helpless, her independence in her convictions, the loyalty of her heart. I saw girl with mesmerizing emerald green eyes who was calm on the surface, but inside her emotions were swarming. I knew without a doubt Willow was a Scorpio.

I was introduced to Landen through Willow’s eyes. I met a young man who was subtle, yet intuitive, I could feel a devotion, a calm old soul. Within in his crystal blue eyes I could see a patient dreamer. There was not a question, he was a Pisces.

Knowing what sun signs they were I began to dive deeper into this science. I read that couples of these two sun signs in effect speak without words – they communicate on a different level, some astrologist even refer to it as a spiritual level. I learned that a birth chart belonging to any one individual could not be repeated exactly within four million years (we are all divinely unique).

My mind with wild with possibilities - I knew a lot could happen in four million years. That a love this strong could span that time and even longer. As I researched moon signs, the effects planets can have on a period of time, the influence behind retrogrades, and eclipses I saw the path Willow and Landen would have to overcome. Then one by one the other characters of Insight came to life and showed me how they played into this span of time.

I admit that what I know about the Zodiac is barely the tip of what this science holds. Each day I dive deeper and see more possibilities before me, and I cannot wait to witness each adventure Willow has – I love being her voice.

I leave you today with these questions. What is your sign? What sign do you adore and which one drives you mad?


ABOUT JAMIE MAGEE:
Jamie Magee has always believed that each of us have a defining gift that sets us apart from the rest of the world, she has always envied those who have known from their first breath what their gift was. Not knowing hers, she began a career in the fast paced world of business. Raising a young family, and competing to rise higher in that field would drive some to the point of insanity, but she always found a moment of escape in a passing daydream. Her imagination would take her to places she’d never been, introduce her to people she’s never known. Insight, her debuting novel, is a result of that powerful imagination. Today, she is grateful that not knowing what defined her, led her on a path of discovery that would always be a part of her.

JAMIE'S WEBSITE



INSIGHT - BLURB:
Before that fateful summer night, Willow had balanced the insight of emotion, and the vivid images. That night, the figure in her nightmare marked her wrist with a star, giving her father no choice but to tell Willow a family secret that would abruptly change life, as she knew it, forever. Before Willow had time to absorb the shock of her father's secret, her soul mate that had shared every stunning dream with her, found her, and darkness captured her closest friends. In order to save them, she must weave through broken myths and the undeniable power of the Zodiac. In the end, Willow discovers that at the moment of our birth we are all given a divine gift.

EMBODY - BLURB
Not many Scorpios are known for their patience, and Willow Haywood is no different. Her only desire is to love Landen Chambers and redeem the lost souls of Esterious, but the path to that desire is long, dark and dangerous... 

Before Willow’s life had a chance to balance the sudden revelations and grief she had to endure to get to Chara a disturbing discovery is made. A photo, one that shows Willow blissfully embracing the flawless image of Drake Blakeshire; giving her not only proof that she had lived before, but that she had loved him. 

Running away from the memory of Drake’s hypnotizing touch, and the prophecy set before her seemed like the logical thing to do. That is, until a dark dream reignites her passion to save the hopeless dimension of Esterious. Willow struggles to find patience – to learn everything she needs to know before she faces Drake again, but her eagerness is dangerous and one step in the wrong direction takes everything and everyone away from her – the only way to survive this trial is for Willow to remember who she is and what she really wants out of this life. The question is….can she do that?


Thank you so much, Jamie, it was fascinating to hear about your inspiration and the concept of this great series. Readers - please watch the trailers below for intriguing tasters of 'Insight' and 'Embody'.  I wish you all the success in the world with your series, Jamie, and thanks for stopping by my blog as part of your tour.