Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

28 February 2011

Another goal achieved



You may have noticed that the badge (above) which was on my sidebar, has now been swopped for one which says 'Winner'.  OK, there's no money involved and like National Novel Writing Month (affectionately known as NaNo) there are many winners and it merely means I achieved what I set to achieve over the last fifty days.

And what is that?  I hear you ask.  Well, it was a goal to revise at least five pages of my third book in the 'Starquest' series a day, between the 10th January and 28th February.  Despite pc problems and Word decided to muss up my formatting and delete one of my original working copies, I scraped home today and added the final point to my total.  I could not have done this without the lovely ladies at  
THE RUBY SLIPPERED SISTERHOOD.    

These talented ladies (all Golden Heart Finalists) provided pep talks, virtual coffee and chocolate, and most useful as far as I was concerned ' Sprints' where we wrote or revised like fury for twenty or thirty minutes, followed by a chat about our progress or our problems.  I hadn't realised how much could be achieved by short sprints like this, and it's changed the way I work.  From now on, I'm going to try to work in short bursts, rather than trying to spend a couple of hours during which time it is so easy to get distracted, or interupted by something else.  I've not finished the revisions, and did not expect to, but at least I've filled in some plot holes and got over some major hurdles which were preventing me moving on with it.  There will be several more revisions and self edits before I consider this MS to be fit to submit to my publisher but at least I now have a headstart and will hopefully be able to keep moving forward. 

What's that?  Oh, the title?  Well it's tentatively entitled 'Beloved Enemy' and is the story a rther important secondary character in 'Starquest', Kerry Marchant, nagged me to write.  I might be persuaded to post a short excerpt or two here eventually!

Meanwhile, of you haven't had the pleasure of meeting the ladies at the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood, why not pop over and have a look, by following the link above.