Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

16 January 2011

Interview with Braden Knight of Moon Watchers, Second in the Hunter Series by Sandra Cox.

You may remember Sandra Cox  visited my blog to talk about her book 'Sundial' on All Hallows Eve last year? Well I'm thrilled to say she's back again, with a very special guest, to celebrate the release of her latest novel 'Moonwatchers'.  (And isn't that just the most gorgeous and evocatrive cover?) With us today is the mysterious and sexy Braden Knight. Lyn turns to Braden. 

“Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview, Braden. I know how you value your privacy.”


Braden: “How could I refuse a request from such a charming woman?” He brings her hand to his lips and kisses it.

 Lyn blushes and giggles. “Oh my. I can see how you gained your reputation.” She fans herself.

Braden: “And what reputation might that be?”

HL: “Jolene Sayer, the werewolf hunter, refers to you as hunkalicious.”

Braden: “Does she now?”

HL: “Oh yes. By the way, where did you meet Ms. Sayer?”

Braden: “She was visiting her cousin Zoe Tempest on Vampire Island.”
 
HL: “Vampire Island? Where is it? Is it as scary as it sounds?” She shivers dramatically.


Braden: “It’s in the Bahamas and safe enough now, but not too long ago it was a place that I wouldn’t have recommended for humans.”

HL: “Humans? What an odd response.  There are rumors floating around that you’re a vampire. Is that true?” She backs up. The mike in her hand shakes.


Braden: “What do you think?”

Lyn glances at her watch. “Oh look our times up. Thank you so much for joining us today.”  She makes a slitting motion across her throat for the camera to stop rolling and hurries away.


Braden grins at her retreating figure. “Humans.” He shrugs and leaves the studio.


Blurb from Moon Watchers:
Some people think being a Were hunter is weird. For me it’s perfectly normal. What I see as odd is my attraction to the hunkalicious Braden Knight. Why? I think he’s a vampire.

Excerpt:
As the full moon rose above the leafless black trees, an eerie howl shattered the night. I rubbed the goose bumps on my arms and felt the hair on my neck rise. Moonlight fell in shadowy patches across the living room floor of the cottage I’d inherited on my eighteenth birthday, last week to be exact.
Dad’s in Europe, tracking down a tip he got on a Weres pack. That’s how I’ve come to be alone deep in the forests of Minnesota where there is considerable werewolf activity.
I’ve hunted Weres since I was thirteen, but this is the first time I’ve been completely on my own.


A branched tapped against the window. I jumped then shook my head at my nerves. “Geez.” When my heart settled down, I leaned forward and peered out the window. My hand tightened on the long silver knife at my waist. Nothing moved outside. “Get a grip, Jo.”

I took a deep breath and started toward the kitchen. The tapping came again, this time louder. I whirled. It wasn’t the window, it was the door. Someone or something was on the other side.

My legs stiff, my knees locked, I took one slow step after another. My hand wrapped around the knife and tightened till my knuckles turned white. Who could be out at--I glanced at my watch-- ten at night in an isolated corner of the north. I crept through the living room into the tiny foyer.


I took a deep breath and cleared my mind, the way dad taught me. Nerves left me. The cold logic of the warrior set in. Making sure the chain was in place, I cracked the door, ready to slice anything too close to the opening.


“Hello, Jolene.”


My hand fell to my side. I gaped in astonishment. I removed the latch and stood in the doorway, one hand on the frame, stunned.


“Braden! What are you doing here?” I’d met Braden Knight briefly when I visited my distant cousin Zoe Tempest, vampire hunter extraordinaire. Perhaps you’ve heard of her. If not, I guarantee you will. She’s come to hunting the undead rather late in life--seventeen--but she’s taken to it like a pro, swift, vigilant and tough.
But I’m stalling. I’d felt an attraction for Braden Knight from the first moment I saw his bronzed pecs and thick chestnut hair.


 “Zoe told me your dad was in Europe and left you alone in the middle of Nowhere Minnesota. May I come in?”


Damn good question. Zoe had confided her fears to me that the handsome man standing in front of me was of the undead variety. But whether of the pranic--that lives on other people’s energy and aren’t truly undead--or the blood--that survives on warm, red heart fluid--she wasn’t sure.
Zoe’s not even sure he’s a vampire. All she knows is that he has extraordinary powers for a nineteen year old human.


Suddenly, the decision was made for me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a huge black wolf rush forward, its lips drawn back in a snarl, its fangs gleaming, its eyes blood red.
Without thought, I jerked Braden inside and slammed the door.


*Shiver*  That's a really chilling excerpt, Sandra, I really want to read this book!  Now she's invited a vampire inot her home - hasn't she? Oh, I need to find out more!

Thank you so much for being my guest today - oh and Braden too, of course.  Gosh, what a hunk! He gives me the shivers - but not in the way hunky men usually do, well yes he does, but he makes me a little nervous as well!  Congratulations on your release, Sandra, may it sell many, many copies!

Oh, before you leave, I understand you have a contest running.  Here are the details

CONTEST:
To celebrate the release of Moon Watchers, I’ll be running a contest from Jan 15 and Feb 2. The winner will be announced Feb 5.  To enter just leave a comment at www.downtownya.blogspot.com and mention Moon Watchers and  Hywela Lyn.

What do you win?
An autographed copy of Moon Watchers
A Starbucks gift certificate
And a fun necklace that has a cross to protect against creatures of the night, a blood drop stone to remind shape-shifters you are protected and a star since our winner will be the star of the contest

Multi-published author Sandra Cox lives with her husband, five cats, a dog and an occasional foster cat in sunny North Carolina. She’s a vegetarian and has two grown children.


You can find her on the web at: