Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

1 November 2010

Monday's words: NaNoWriMO, Muses and Contests

Well, I'm late again with my Monday's word, so I'm giving you three! (Oh all right then, I know it's a lame excuse but it's a good one! I'm doing NaNo. )

50,000 words in a month.  Am I mad?  I did it last year and am currently working on revising the novel that resulted from that. I started out with nothing more than an idea.  This year I'm not starting quite so much from scratch.  I have a Western  which I wrote many years away and put away in a drawer and  I'm completely rewriting it   as a romance.  I've done a very rough cover to give me inspiration:

Although I have a rough plot mapped out, I'm sure that by re-writing to a deadline, it's bound to take me in directions I never anticipated - last year's certainly did!  Why the change of genre?  Well, I've always loved historical Westerns, and I think there's a strong similarity between the genres - brave men and women setting out into uncharted terrain not knowing what dangers they will encounter. and all that! I won't desert futuristic romance though, I still have last year's NaNo to finsih revising!

So please excuse me if I'm not around very much this month.


My second word is 'Muse'  I'm appearing at my lovely 'Muse Sister' Sky Purington's Blog all this week. Or rather my muse Terpsichore is!  Please pop along and say hello if you get the chance!



http://skypuringtonwrites.blogspot.com/





And finally some of you may have noticed the above banner at the top of this blog for the whole of October.
Yes, the TRS's Spookapalooza is now officially ended.  I'll be drawing a winner for my prize as soon as I've had chance to wade through all the comments and draw one out of my Witch's hat.  Thank you to everyone who commented on my posts, I tried to put something up everyday and the response was fantastic with over ninety authors taking part.  I was also taking part in the Night Owl Romance  Scavenger hunt too, Good Luck to everyone who took part.