Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

9 August 2010

Monday's Word - Indecider

As a Libran I'm supposed to be indecisive. I don't think that's true, because I usually make my mind up quite quickly.  I do tend to weigh up the 'pros'and 'cons' though.]

In his *'World Wide Words' Michael Quinon says:

"If you're unable to make a decision, you are indecisive, and you suffer from indecision. But until now, there has been no good word to describe you as a person. There is now: INDECIDER. It appeared in a study by Professor Harriet Bradley, of the sociology department of the University of Bristol, published last Monday. It has been widely reported in the British press, since it concluded that the UK is a nation which is overwhelmed by too much choice and information and that modern life has created a generation of people incapable of making quick, confident decisions. I'd like to suggest what the future holds for the word, but can't make up my mind ...

Good one Michael, I think I agree!


*World Wide Words is copyright (c) Michael Quinion 2010. All rights reserved. The Words Web site is at http://www.worldwidewds.
Reproduced with permission