Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

10 May 2010

Monday's word - Auction

auctionofyear
First of all I'd like to say a big 'hello' to everyone who took part in 'Blog Jog' Day and an even bigger thank you to those who took the time to comment and/or follow me.  I'll post the winners of my little contest tomorrow.  Today though is Monday's Word Day, and it's a little different to my usual Monday post.

This will be the sixth year that Brenda Novak has hosted her Annual Online AUCTION  in aid of Diabetes Research. I thought this was such a wonderful and worthwhile enterprise that I would devote today's blog post to it.


In a recent interview on Sharon Donovan's Blog, Brenda said  "The auction is such a fun thing to participate in! It runs every May (May 1 – May 31st) in honor of Mother’s Day at http://www.brendanovak.com/


This will be my sixth year hosting it. Together with my friends, publishing contacts, diabetes research supporters and fellow authors, we’ve raised $770,000 so far. Our goal for this year is to break $1 million."

Sharon was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic at the age of six and developed diabetic retinopathy in her early twenties.   She is donating fifty copies of her wonderful and inspiring book 'Echo Of A Raven' the true story of her battle with diabetes, and her amazing courage and fortitude when she lost her battle to save her sight.

If you'd like to know more, you can read the full interview at Sharon's blog,  HERE


Please spread the word. The Auction runs until the end of May and there are some fantastic prizes to be bid for, including books, gift baskets, Gift Certificates, Editor Evaluations, and much, much more. 


Here's the direct link to the Auction itself.  Please help find a cure for this terrible affliction which can have such a devastating effect on the people who suffer from it.

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/