Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

21 September 2009

Monday's Word - Inspiration

I'm doing something a little different for my
'Monday's Word' today. Instead of referring to Michael Quinion's impressive site for my Word I'm focusing on a word that is not in itself in any way unusual - Inspiration!

The word is commonplace enough, and one we writers use a lot - especially when chasing after the elusive 'muse'. Today though, I 'd like to highlight a fellow author who I am privilaged to call 'friend' and who, for me, personifies inspiration - and courage.

Some of you may know Sharon Donovan's story, but for those of you who don't, she has been a type 1 diabetic since she was six and began losing sight when she was in her early twenties. That was the beginning of a twenty year battle with progressive blindness and much heartache. No longer able to pursue her passion for painting, she now pursues a new career as a writer, painting with words. She uses a computer with adaptive software, and thanks to modern technology, is able to pursue her writing career. She has already published three Inspirational stories and is currently working on a suspense novel. The memoir about the loss of her vision, 'Echo Of A Raven' was recently published and Sharon says "If I can help JDRF Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation fight for a cure by donating a portion of proceeds and preventing one child from living in fear of losing his or her vision, Echo of a Raven will be a smashing success."

The book was reviewed by Cherokee, of Coffee Time Reviews, and received the of 'Coffee Time Romance Reviewer's Recommend Award.' This award recognizes outstanding writing styles in all book types and genres. Her book received this award because Cherokee feels it is above and beyond a 5 Cup Rating. There are more details on Sharon's Blog

Sharon is a shy and modest person and doesn't know I'm posting this, but I felt I couldn't let this Award go by without some form of acknowledgement.

Congratulations Sharon. Truly your courage, perseverence and talent are an inspiration to us all!

Sharon's Blog


PURCHASE Shadow Of A Raven