Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

11 February 2009

Welcome to Pamela S Thibodeaux

I am very pleased to welcome Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux to my Blog today. Pamela is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana and a member of White Roses in Bloom Authors. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”

HL: Hi Pamela, why don't you telll us a little more about yourself

PT: I am a wife/mother/grandmother and born-again Jesus lover who works in the insurance industry after more than 20 yrs in bookkeeping.

Wow that sounds like a busy life style Pamela. What do you do for fun when not writing?

PT: Fun, what’s that? LOL! Seriously, playing with my granddaughter is the most fun thing I can do. I also enjoy spending quality time with my husband and reading.

HL: Well that's a great way to unwind, and I couldn't think of anything better myself. When did you start writing?

PT: I began writing more than 25 yrs ago in 5-subject notebooks after reading one-too-many insipid little romances.

HL Oh yes, I think a few of us can relate to that one! What comes first: the plot or the characters?

PT: Usually the characters but sometimes a plotline will come to me and a book will evolve around that. For instance, my book The Inheritance evolved from a single thought….. They say life begins at forty, but for Rebecca Sinclair that’s far from the truth. Of course I had to know why

HL: Now isn't that a great way for a book to start. It's so exciting when you get an idea like that and the book sort of grows from that one momen
t.

Tell us about your latest release and what you think readers will enjoy about it:

PT: My latest novel release is Tempered Joy and it is book 4 in the series. I believe readers will enjoy the conclusion to this lives of these characters which began in book 1, Tempered Hearts. I do have an idea for a fifth book, but it’s only an idea. My latest short-story release is Winter Madness (due out March 11th from The Wild Rose Press) and I think readers will enjoy watching true love overcome pessimism.

HL: Great to have a series, Pamela, and y0ur new short story sounds so warm and inspiring.
If someone were to play one of your characters in a movie, which character and what actor would it be and why?

PM: I absolutely love Melissa Gilbert and would have her play any heroine in any one of my books.

HL: Good choice. What have you learned about writing since you were published that surprised you the most?

PM: Guidelines change, writers evolve in both style and voice, editing can be both a pain and a joyful process as can promotion.

HL: You're so right there Pamela. Tell me, what’s you’re writing process? Has it changed since writing your first book?

PT: I am 100% a SOTP writer – always have been, probably always will be. About the only thing that has changed is I edit more as I go than when I first started writing. I’m finding it more and more difficult to turn off the internal editor but miss the thrill of unbridled, uninhibited creation.

HL: Oh that internal editor! She can be such a busybody sometimes! Do you have a support system? Did you have a writing community? What valuable lessons have you learned from them?


PT: My family supports me very much as do many writing friends. I’ve not only belonged to various writers’ groups, I’ve co-founded one. About the most valuable lesson I’ve learned is to never give up and stay true to yourself.

HL: And what is your personal definition of success?

PM: As beauty is to the eye of the beholder, so is success to the individual. The definition of success changes over the years. As a new writer it may be finish something, and then submit. After publication it is write more, stay published, increase sales, make more than you spend on promotion LOL!

HL: Very phylosophical, and very true. I can certainly relate to the last part too, as can most other small press authors I'm sure. What is your favorite source of inspiration?

PT: Reading.

HL: Yes, I have to agree. There's nothing like reading a great book by a favourite author to set the imagination going and inspire one to aspire to write one as good. One last question Pamela, just for fun. If you were an animal, which one do you think you would be, and why?

PT: A bear – I’d love to curl up and sleep during the cold winter months!

HL: Now that sounds like a sensible idea. It's so cold over here at the moment I can see the attraction in being curled up in a nice warm den until spring! Thanks so much Pamela, it's been really interesting and enjoyable talking to you, and I look forward to the release of 'Winter Madness'.

I asked Pamela to choose an actor for our 'Featured Hunk' . You'll find her choice in the right hand column about half way down. *Sigh*.

There are links to Pamela's many books below :

Including:

The Inheritance (ISBN# 1-60154-055-8 )
The Wild Rose Press – available in Ebook & Print)
All Pamela's The Wild Rose Press titles can be found HERE

Tempered Joy (ISBN # 1-933866-14-4 )
Com Star Media - available in Ebook & Print)

SEE ALSO 'A SWEETHEART OF A CONTEST' a couple of Blog Posts down!

You can find more about Pamela at the following addresses:
Website: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com
Blog: http://pamswildroseblog.blogspot.com/
WRIB Blog: http://whiterosesinbloom.blogspot.com/