Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

17 October 2008

INTERVIEW WITH STORMY GLENN

I am delighted to welcome Stormy Glenn to my blog. Her Erotic Paranormal, Male Ménage a Trois 'Secret Desires' will be released by Siren Publishing on Monday 20th October. It's a steamy story of hunky cowboys, a little bit different to what you usually see on my blog so things may be a bit warmer than usual in here! :) Hey that cover's raising the temperature already!

Here's the 'blurb' to give you a taster:

How do you answer a handsome cowboy when he asks if you want to take a ride on his horse, especially when he guarantees that it will be a wild ride? For Leyland the answer is simple: Hell, yes! But what if his cowboy already has a lover?

Well you know how I love horses - not to mention hunky cowboys!
Okay Stormy.
Make yourself at home and tell us a bit about yourself.

SG: My name is Stormy Glenn. I’m an author of erotic, paranormal, werewolf, futuristic, contemporary, gay, and ménage a trois romances. I believe the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two or three men in cowboy boots. I also believe in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

When I’m not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up after my two 70 pound lap puppies, you can usually find me cuddled in bed with a book in my hand and a puppy in my lap. Or on my laptop, creating the next sexy characters for my stories.

HL: Wow, you certainly have your hands full - six teenagers and a puppy! What do you do for fun when not writing?

SG: I love B-rated monster/disaster movies, iced vanilla mochas with whip cream, and painting my fingernails (usually neon green). I’m addicted to every CSI TV show and watch at least two a day, usually when I’m writing. I also create one-inch scale dollhouse miniatures. My favorite thing to do is have a BBQ in my backyard with my family. They bought me a porch swing for Mother’s Day. I could sit there for hours and watch my kids play with the dogs while my husband is cooking and he’s a great BBQer.

HL: Can't be bad. When did you start writing?

SG: I’ve been writing for years, mostly for my own pleasure and to get the characters in my head to stop yelling at me. It can get a little crowded in there sometimes. I’ve been writing seriously since February of this year.

HL: Wow, you've certainly been busy then. What comes first: the plot or the characters?

SG: It’s different with each book. Sometimes it’s just a name. Secret Desires started with the name Leyland and went from there. Other times, it’s an idea. I never really know until I sit down and start writing.

HL: Tell us about your latest release and what you think readers will enjoy about it.

SG: My newest release is Secret Desires. It will be released from Siren Publishing’s Menage Amour line on Monday October, 20th. I had so much fun writing this book. By far, my favorite character in this book is Leyland. He’s just so cute, and he knows it. If I were Leyland from Secret Desires I would tell you to buy Secret Desires because I’m just that damn cute. How could you possibly pass on a sexy face like this? Just don’t tell my cowboy I said that. He hates it when I flirt. When he gets upset, the fur will fly and I’m not cleaning it up afterwards.

HL: If someone were to play one of your characters in a movie, which character and what actor would it be and why?

SG: This one has me totally stumped. I can’t think of anyone that matches the character I see in my head. Maybe Hugh Jackman for Jake, but that’s about it. And why Hugh Jackman? Cause he is just so hot!

HL: What have you learned about writing that surprised you the most?

SG: The biggest surprise in this journey has been that the work doesn’t stop once your submission to the publisher is received. I think I spend as much time promoting my books as I do writing. However, I have also discovered this great camaraderie within the writing community. You’d think it would be more cut throat but its not. Every author I have met has been so supportive, willing to go the extra mile to help me promote my work, work out a problem with a story plot, or just work over an idea. And a lot of them are authors that I read.

HL: Oh yes, I can certainly relate to all that. Promotion can come as a real 'culture shock' and it's wonderful the way other authors are always willing to help and support. Tell me Stormy, what’s you’re writing process? Has it changed since writing your first book?

SG: My writing process…um… there’s a writing process? I usually create a file with a name that I can remember, open a page and start writing. If I really get into the story, I create a cheat sheet to keep my characters clear in my head and keep track of what I wrote in each chapter. Other than that, I just write. The only way it has changed since I wrote my first book is the creation of the cheat sheet. It’s been a lifesaver.

HL: Do you have a support system?

My best support system is my family. My youngest daughter often edits and critiques my work. My middle daughter is my plotter. That girl has an evil, evil mind. But she can come up with some doozy story lines. My oldest daughter isn’t much interested in my writing but if I’m deep into a story, she helps out by cooking dinner, answering the phone, and generally giving me the time to finish what I’m doing. My sons are just excited for me that I’m doing what I love to do. But my biggest supporter is my husband. He went to working six days a week so that I could stay home and work fulltime. But he’s always been supportive of me.

HL: It certainly sounds as if you have a wonderfully supportive family and husband. Outside of them, do you have a writing community?

SG: I belong to several yahoo groups that have all been supportive of what I’m doing. It’s actually very nice because when I have problems with my writing, they get it. When I have a success, they celebrate right along with me.

HL: What valuable lessons have you learned from them?

SG: The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask.

HL: That's very true Stormy.

I d love to know, and I'm sure the visitors to thos Blog would be interested - what is your personal definition of success?

SG: My personal definition of success… the day my husband doesn’t have to work so hard so that I can have my dream job. The day my husband can retire, even when I am still writing, then I will know that I have made it.

L: Great answer - I think my husband would think I was a success if that day came too.

OK, we're both animal lovers - if you were an animal, which one do you think you would be, and why?

SG: If I were an animal I’d be one of my dogs. I have two boxer/collie puppies, brothers from the same litter. Okay, not exactly puppies, they’re five. But to me, they’re puppies, or "my babies". They sleep on my bed during the day, go for rides in the car, they have their own toy boxes, and even their own bed cushions in my bedroom. And "Daddy" feeds them twinkies.

HL: And finally, where can readers and fellow authors contact you?

SG: I welcome comments from readers and authors. You can find me at:

That's wonderful Stormy. It's been a real pleasure interviewing you. Thanks so much for being with us today, and I wish you many, many sales of your book and a very happy release day on Monday.