Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

8 September 2008

My First Review and a new cover!

  1. I've just had my first professional Review! I've had some great reviews from writer friends, who seemed to really enjoy 'Starquest' and I really appreciating them taking the time to write a review for me, but I was so thrilled to also receive such a lovely review from someone I've never met or spoken to on the internet - Amylove at Writers and Readers Of Distinctive Fiction. This is how she ends her review:

"This is a wonderfully written book that will keep you on your toes and ended with a big smile on your face. An adventure like no other, this is a book that you don’t want to miss big time."

Wow! What could make a writer happier than to know she'd made her reader smile! (After all I put my heroine through she just had to have a happy ending didn't she!)

You can read the whole review HERE:

Don't forget I have a contest running at my Blog on my STARQUEST My Space and another one on my website: www.hywelalyn.com (see my Newsletter for details, there's a link on the site)
Prizes are a lovely ring and brooch set and a set of 'star' earrings for pierced ears respectively.


It's been just over a week since Starquest was released and I'm overjoyed to announce that it is ranking second in the ratings of The Faery Rose line of my Publisher, The Wild Rose Press. I also received the cover of the sequel, which I'm currently editing 'Children Of The Mist'. Here it is. I think it's beautiful, it really captures the atmosphere of the planet where most of the story takes place.