Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

11 May 2008

My Horses

Although I lost my little golden mare, Sally, at the beginning of the year, I still have my other two horses, Harry (Pentrepiod Sovereign) and 'Flying T'pau. Harrry is a lovely jet black Welsh Cob and an absolute sweetheart. T'pau is a gorgeous paint Quarterhorse mare, who likes to rule the roost and show Harry who's boss!

They are kept quite a long way from where we live, unfortunately. We don't have any land of our own but are lucky enough to be able to rent some land and buildings which we share with a friend. The land adjoins a bridleway so it's nice to be able to ride without having to go on the road.
This is the Bridleway (the narrow track winding into the distance)
It leads across some fields and then along a lovely leafy lane, over a little humpbacked bridge to some parkland.






We spent a lovely day today, just
'messing about' with the horses, moving fences and taking Bouncer for a walk along the bridleway. It was a bit too hot to ride, unfortunately, but Bouncer enjoyed himself sniffing in the hedges and tracking rabbits.

The summer rape is out now and the fields are looking lovely and green. When I'm walking or riding there are red kites flying overhead and we can hear the call of pheasants in the distance. I know some people love the city, but I'm a countrygirl and couldn't live anywhere where it wasn't green! England's countryside isn't as spectacular as my native Wales, but it's still very pretty. Much for my inspiration for my writing has come from being close to nature and her secrets, in the countryside