Welcome to my place in the blogosphere! Fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and chat awhile!

If you'd like to know a little more about 'Yours Truly' - I've been interviewed HERE

5 May 2008

Monday, Monday


Do you look forward to Mondays - or do you dread them and wish your life away looking forward to Friday? I have to admit I used to be the former person, doing a job I hated. Now I'm able to stay at home, run my little home business, care for my horses and rescued dog - and write!
Of course, now that I'm able to write pretty much when I want to, I find all sorts of excuses not to, there's always something else to do first. Why should I procrastinate so much when I love writing? The thrill of getting drawn into a world of my own making is even worth the sacrifice of doing without a regular salary. I wonder how I managed to write at all when I was working full time.
Now, of course, with two books coming out soon, I have to think of promotion - no not that sort of promotion - getting my name 'out there', letting people know that I have books. Books that I hope the reader will enjoy as much as I enjoyed writing them. To that end I have a website, and a 'My Space'. My main characters have their own 'My Spaces'. But to be taken seriously these days, an author has to have A BLOG. So there it is. That's my excuse for procrastination. My occasional musings need to up their game. I've decided I'm going to take this blogging business seriously and make entries at least once or twice a week. I used to keep a diary when I was a child - so it can't be that hard, can it? After all I AM a writer!

By the way, do you like the picture? That's the town of Aberystwyth where I grew up and lived most of my life until my husband whisked me 'over the border' to England. I'm still very much a Welsh woman though. You can take the woman out of Wales but you can't take Wales out of the woman!